Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Settling in Nicely

Everything continues to go well. Raizel has been more and more comfortable not being glued right to me. I'm getting out and getting errands done (with half the kids, thanks to papa!). I'm returning phone calls. I'm getting (most of our) laundry done. We're starting to settle into a schedule. Amirah and I have even done some reading lessons and it's starting to almost feel "normal" to have four little children around. We all went to see Ladybug Theater at the West Linn Library tonight. Raizel made it about halfway through the 40-minute performance. We *love* Ladybug Theater. They produce plays for 2-1/2 to 5-year-olds and the kids (and us grown-ups) think they're hilarious. Anyone with little kids in Portland should check them out. We feel like Raizel and Avi have just slipped right into our family. I'm also feeling like when Dean goes back to work after Memorial Day we'll be pretty well squared away here, B"H.

More Ethiopian trip updates tomorrow. I can't seem to keep my eyes open tonight! :)

1 comment:

Jesi Q said...

Yeah! So glad to hear things are going so well! It sounds like you guys have settled in so quickly... I'm so impressed! I'm loving the updates and stories about your trip... thanks for keeping us all in the loop (oh, and showing me up... I can barely get my blog updated and I only have 2 kids!)!!! ;-)