Monday, September 8, 2008

Learning at Home

We are having a really marvelous time learning at home (and out and about!). I'll keep notes throughout the week of what we've been learning and post them weekly (bli neder, without a vow!!), partly as a record for myself, partly to share with friends and family what this wonderful rhythm of homeschooling is like, and partly to give other homeschooling friends some (hopefully) good ideas. Many families come up with a homeschooling "mission statement" to define what exactly it is they are doing this for. I'm going to think about that for a while. There are so many, many reasons we have decided to homeschool and I will distill it into something pithy, I hope. In the meantime, reading, writing, math, and Jewish studies are off to a rollicking start. :)

No comments: