Friday, September 12, 2008

The Menu

I'm completely exhausted and grinning ear-to-ear. What a wonderful week this has been. I haven't quite tallied everything up yet, but I think I actually nearly accomplished all the learning I set out to accomplish with them. There's a little more Jewish studies to do which we will finish on shabbat, and we'll have to do a math lesson on Sunday, but I think that's it. I'm very happy. And so are they! Bli neder, I'll write down everything we did over the weekend, as much for my own records as anything else.

Now for the all-important (pretty basic, but I'm okay with that!!!!!!) menu:

Challah
Shuba (lox, beets, potatoes, onions, carrots, and mayonnaise - thanks AGAIN EE!)
Chicken soup
Roast chicken
Mixed roasted vegetables
Green salad
Rice
Corn
Hazelnut Tart

And for lunch:

SUSHI! Yeah! And salad and miso soup!
We've got salmon, avocado, cucumber, krab, sweet gourd, sweet egg omelet, and spinach. We'll make that into all kinds of yummy combinations.

And I think all day Dean and I will just take turns taking naps. We're both exhausted (in a good way!). He's at this moment giving a big lecture at OHSU and there's been a big conference there and fall classes are starting at the end of the month (on Rosh Hashanah, of all things). The prep work for the beginning of fall term is the craziest time of year. He sure works hard on behalf of all of us. His complete devotion to all things family is hugely appreciated.

Shabbat shalom, everyone!

And here's a little prayer that MH will find out today that he passed the bar exam! Please, hashem!

No comments: