Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our New Favorite Bread Recipe

I've been making this bread for the last month or so. It's our new favorite. It makes fantastic sandwiches and is much more, er, flexible than the cracked wheat bread I'd been making for a few years. It's been tweaked and tweaked, and this is the final recipe. :)

OATMEAL BREAD
2 c. raw oatmeal
4 cups boiling water
5 tsp salt
1 T yeast
1/4 cup sugar
6 T oil
4 c ww flour
4 c flour

Combine oatmeal, boiling water, and salt. After it has cooled, add remaining ingredients. Let rise until doubled. Divide into loaf pans. (I usually make 6 small loaves for perfectly-sized kid sandwiches.) Let rise for 1 hour. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. YUM.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks! I am going to have to try this!

Selah said...

this sounds so yummy !I am going to try it too. I just love reading your meals.