Sunday, August 2, 2009

Readaloud: Misty of Chincoteague

We tore through The Capture over shabbat and finished it this afternoon. It was just one of those books we couldn't put down! I've ordered the next three books from the library. It was a really lovely story, of truly courageous heroes, utter evil, and a great escape. I hope the series continues in the same vein. And one bit of trivia - the author is Jewish!

So, this afternoon we started reading Misty of Chincoteague. Given that Amirah is a bit crazy for horses, it too was a great selection. It was first published in 1947, and the story is absolutely timeless with charming illustrations.

Between the Ga'Hoole series and books by Marguerite Henry, we should be kept busy for quite a while! Works out great too because readalouds for the periods in ancient history we are studying right now are few and far between.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kerith

I may have my copy of Misty and the sequel in one of my boxes. I read them all.

alpidarkomama said...

WOW!!!!!!!! The original covers and illustrations are fantastic. :)