Monday, September 6, 2010

Pizza Crust Recipe

Here's the recipe for the pizza crust!

5-1/2 cups flour

2 cups water
1-3/4 cups oil
1 heaping tablespoon yeast (or 2 packets)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Sometimes I add crushed garlic and herbs (oregano, basil, thyme). Sometimes I do it plain. Combine all ingredients and allow to rise for 15 minutes, or an hour, or punch down after an hour and let rise another hour. When I let it rise for only 15 minutes, it came out crispier. The risen dough makes a crust that is a bit fluffier.

I usually divide the dough in half and spread each half out in a jelly roll pan (18 x 13). You could also make individual round pizzas, but it's more space efficient to do a rectangular sheet. :)

I bake at 425 for about 15 minutes, then add on the toppings and bake until the cheese is melted.

YUM.

No comments: