Friday, May 27, 2011

The Menu

Here 'tis!

DINNER:
challah
steaks
gravy
mashed potatoes
mint cucumber salad (from the garden!)
roasted bok choi
roasted beets
angel food cake
lemon curd

LUNCH:
some of the above, plus
deli meat
fresh corn
pasta salad (orecchiete, roasted asparagus, tomatoes, basil, artichoke hearts, garden greens in a vinaigrette)
watermelon

YUM!

Had a fun shopping experience yesterday. I went to Fresh Market (kind of like a small-scale Whole Foods) for the first time. I usually avoid those places because they are WAY overpriced. Amirah and I had fun, though! Certain vegetables were the same price as Kroger or CHEAPER! We got zucchini, bok choi, beets (can rarely even get at Kroger), Vidalia onions, asparagus, probably some other things too. And then I found two things that I've not been able to find anywhere else (kosher, that is) - sesame oil, artichoke hearts, and hoi sin sauce. HOORAY! I was really lamenting my empty bottle of sesame oil.

Enchilada sauce is another thing I haven't been able to find kosher here. I finally ordered a case from Amazon. It arrived and 9 of the 12 cans were dented (no padding!). I let Amazon know, and they gave me an immediate credit and said they couldn't take it back. So, I right away made enchiladas with one of the cans (divine!). Next, I'll boil the cans to see if any of them are leaking, and just toss the ones that have a broken seal. Hopefully, most of them are still fine despite the dents!

Good shabbos, all! (That is, all 5 or 6 of you that actually read this.) :)

No comments: