Friday, July 15, 2011

Cleaning and Organizing

July is zooming by. A&E are in camp at shul from 9-3 every day, and I've been busy completely decluttering and organizing the house. I made a list of the 69 places there were to do, and I have now finished 43 of 69 areas. Checking off boxes is a big motivator to me, as is seeing all the jobs in one room being checked off, making the room "complete." We have quite a bit of storage in this house, and even more now. We're going to eke out a workspace in the kitchen for tools and projects. I bought a door at the Restore to use for a work table. I've got the learning room REALLY squared away and that made me most happy. Old learning materials were boxed up, and the new ones went onto the shelves. The learning closet got decluttered and straightened (there are long narrow shelves all along one wall). Things are getting polished and dusted and the walls are getting cleaned. It's so nice to have the opportunity to do this so thoroughly! Raizel and Avi have been good sports too. It's too hot to go out anyway, so we're hibernating indoors. At night, I've been working hard on our learning projects for the coming year. I'll go into more detail in a different post, but I've been able to get a LOT planned without needing to have anything in particular ready for the next day. Off to sleep...........

No comments: